Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By JackTripper Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:13 am
came across an output issue with my XL earlier today. figured it was an output issue after trying several cables. I even tried it with headphones: Left output works in left channel, Right output works in...left channel? what the **** happened?! really hoping it's not too expensive to fix..otherwise I'll just have to cop the 8-output expansion board, which I planned on doing anyway..have any idea what the problem could be?

By Peter Project Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:00 pm
It's probably just your output jack.
I work in a music store, and that's by far the most common issue with all electronic gear. The jack will probably cost you 10 bucks, and the tech shouldn't charge you more than an hour. It's not really a big deal. I fixed mine myself.

By badsign Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:13 pm
its ironic to me that someone named JackTripper has a jack problem :/

hope you get that fixed cheap

By JackTripper Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:35 pm
Where would I find an output jack for it? I just did a google search and couldn't find anything. I even looked on mpcstuff.com and vstservice.com and found nothing! I am really hoping to have this fixed by sometime this weekend. I would even attempt to fix it myself if possible..

By cosmicchief Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:49 pm
JackTripper wrote:Where would I find an output jack for it? I just did a google search and couldn't find anything. I even looked on mpcstuff.com and vstservice.com and found nothing! I am really hoping to have this fixed by sometime this weekend. I would even attempt to fix it myself if possible..

If you're savvy enough, just go down to your local Radio Shack and look through the audio parts bin. You're looking for a TS/TRS input connector.

You'll need a soldering iron and solder wire to make the repair yourself, so if you're not too experienced with soldering you might want to just take it to an expert. Probably not worth experimenting on a nice piece of studio gear without practice.... :(
Last edited by cosmicchief on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By badsign Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:19 pm
^^ cosign