For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By crossings Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:15 am
goldslum... that black sabbath paranoid LP is my sh!t. first album i ever bought as a kid. :D
By psr Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:56 pm
boomspot wrote:Image

BoomSpot
where are the panels from? nice.

I have a neighbor who has some similar panels from here http://www.atsacoustics.com/cat--ATS-Acoustic-Panels--100.html

thats what i would like to get at some point.
By IllRhythm Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:47 pm
Yeah that's an ill setup! Gotta dig the SP!

What camera and lens did you use to take this picture? I wanna cop a wide angle lens myself haha.
By boomspot Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:42 pm
Thanks everyone. The traps are Real Traps ... I used a Canon 7D with a Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L lens. I rented the lens for week. Not sure I'd use such a wide lens enough to justify buying such a pricey piece of glass.

B
By DJ Hellfire Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:29 am
psr wrote:
boomspot wrote:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/185835/studiofishlens.jpg

BoomSpot
where are the panels from? nice.

I have a neighbor who has some similar panels from here http://www.atsacoustics.com/cat--ATS-Acoustic-Panels--100.html

thats what i would like to get at some point.

You should build them yourself. More work, but it's A LOT cheaper and you can make them any size you want! I built my own! That site charges $51 per 24x48x2. Mine came out to roughly $20 per panel of that same size, and that's only because I used really expensive fabric. If I had went with burlap like most people do, they would have been even cheaper to make. And I used the same exact insulation material they use; Roxul AFB.

By psr Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:32 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:You should build them yourself. More work, but it's A LOT cheaper and you can make them any size you want! I built my own! That site charges $51 per 24x48x2. Mine came out to roughly $20 per panel of that same size, and that's only because I used really expensive fabric. If I had went with burlap like most people do, they would have been even cheaper to make. And I used the same exact insulation material they use; Roxul AFB.

Word... I actually considered that too. makes sense when u put in terms of dollars spent. i have some plans/instructions for that too. just never went for it. Where'd u get the Roxul AFB from? Material? Sh!t this should be a thread of it's own.
By andreo Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:34 pm
boomspot wrote:Image

Compliments , is the studio of my dream.
Are you a producer for work ?
Ciao Andrea
By peterpiper Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:05 pm
@boomspot: Thats a very nice room!!!! But shame on you for sending the 3000 to the corner ;)

BTW nice new vid.
peace
By DJ Hellfire Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:19 am
psr wrote:
Word... I actually considered that too. makes sense when u put in terms of dollars spent. i have some plans/instructions for that too. just never went for it. Where'd u get the Roxul AFB from? Material? Sh!t this should be a thread of it's own.

I got it from a building supply warehouse called Marjam in Newark, NJ. But they have other locations across the country. Any building supplier should have it. You won't find it at places like Home Depot or Lowes. You have to get it from a place that sells shit to contractors and major builders.
By -niN Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:55 pm
@hellfire: wow.. I'm jealous :mrgreen: .. Nice place you have there. With the booth and all..
By b.read Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:45 pm
I'll second the suggestion for a panel-build thread. 8)