Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By DrunkenBear Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:14 pm
i think problem of late mpc's is that they designed not to make music, but to make money for nukai lol. look at this sh!t-blinking lights and pseudo-vintage mode (im sure that sound sucks just as mpc 2500\1000).
nukai went super-populistic and commercial, and that's apliable for all modern music industry.
By scoobylol Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:21 pm
Coz wrote:Anyone else notice they've removed the term "standalone" completely from the website and replaced it with "Works alone as your main DAW"...?

Hadn't noticed this but surely now this throws up even more concerns? Their programming will have to compete with what is probably the hardest market in music-making technology IMO.

So then with that information can we confirm that this won't work in a VST environment like Maschine does?
By Coz Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:28 pm
scoobylol wrote:So then with that information can we confirm that this won't work in a VST environment like Maschine does?

No, the next part is... "or works seemlessly with your current studio as a VST/AU/RTAS plugin". They're obviously just clearing up some confusion.
By JUKE 179r Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:53 pm
keepitcherry wrote:jahrome been posting here since i first joined in 06. always buys the latest gear, sells it to buy the latest gear and no beats to be heard. reminds me of my homie who used to have thousands of dollars in studio gear only to use the shit to put his folded laundry on.

I don't know dude personally but I've been here long enough to see him get run out of MPC Forums over to MV-Nation. From MV-Nation, he got run out over to Future Producers. Haven't heard nothing about him up until now again on here.
Same ole' Jahrome.
By JamesJeffery Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:01 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:
keepitcherry wrote:jahrome been posting here since i first joined in 06. always buys the latest gear, sells it to buy the latest gear and no beats to be heard. reminds me of my homie who used to have thousands of dollars in studio gear only to use the **** to put his folded laundry on.

I don't know dude personally but I've been here long enough to see him get run out of MPC Forums over to MV-Nation. From MV-Nation, he got run out over to Future Producers. Haven't heard nothing about him up until now again on here.
Same ole' Jahrome.

He needs to spend some time on Dogs on Acid. They will tear him apart in the first 5 minutes lol! Vicious bunch over at DOA. Would love to see him try his crap on that forum.
By scoobylol Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:07 pm
Coz wrote:
scoobylol wrote:So then with that information can we confirm that this won't work in a VST environment like Maschine does?

No, the next part is... "or works seemlessly with your current studio as a VST/AU/RTAS plugin". They're obviously just clearing up some confusion.

So then the real confusion here is what niche does this product really fill?

I'd say 99% of users looking at this have a DAW they're very happy with. They're unlikely to replace it overnight if at all. Also that in itself is very dependant on whether this new software can accomplish everything it's competition can and where possible improve on it. But obviously you've got to get the basics right first and foremost.

If it is set to run as a VST, then I see no real benefit of having a DAW within a DAW. Particularly if a lot of the functions are going to overlap. We've confirmed that it will not work as true standalone so that negates the idea of being able to move away from the computer in any real sense.

I can honestly understand a dedicated control surface if that's your forte as a company, especially if you're working in conjunction with a software developer who has a fairly unique product themselves. For example, I used to have the APC 40 and at the time it was absolutely unbeatable for what I wanted. I really thought Akai were onto something then, and if they'd taken it down a modular controller route then I think they could've been onto something very special.

But this I just don't get at all.
By emptysea Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:48 pm
JamesJeffery wrote:@JAH You still preaching about the MPC? You sound like a Jehovah's Witness. You know how atheist feels about the Jehovah's Witness right? We love to wind them up for fun because it's cool to see them get heated over their beliefs.

Do you work for Akai btw? I'd be interested to see your Maschine and hear some of your music. Or do you just collect gear and have no intent of making anything worth listening too?

From a funny thread on MVnation:
"The thread you included is typical of his MO. Posing as a user of a competing machine relisting complaints as his own, and trying to highlight the shortcomings of the competition by pointing the existing features of an MPC model. What you included is nothing new. He did it with the MV and now he's at it with Maschine. You'll notice that most of his post teeter between product bashing disguised as a wishlist or simply propping himself up as a figure of importance."
"It's important to note that everyone on that list in the 5000 except Jerome is most likely directly connected with Akai."
By JamesJeffery Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:52 pm
emptysea wrote:
JamesJeffery wrote:@JAH You still preaching about the MPC? You sound like a Jehovah's Witness. You know how atheist feels about the Jehovah's Witness right? We love to wind them up for fun because it's cool to see them get heated over their beliefs.

Do you work for Akai btw? I'd be interested to see your Maschine and hear some of your music. Or do you just collect gear and have no intent of making anything worth listening too?

From a funny thread on MVnation:
"The thread you included is typical of his MO. Posing as a user of a competing machine relisting complaints as his own, and trying to highlight the shortcomings of the competition by pointing the existing features of an MPC model. What you included is nothing new. He did it with the MV and now he's at it with Maschine. You'll notice that most of his post teeter between product bashing disguised as a wishlist or simply propping himself up as a figure of importance."
"It's important to note that everyone on that list in the 5000 except Jerome is most likely directly connected with Akai."

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

So he is affiliated with Akai in some sort of way. No wonder he is all up their asses.
By JamesJeffery Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:56 pm
From NI forums

Oh Snaps. Thanks for the links noiserot. dude works for akai of some sort?hmmmmmm. I'd swear I read in one of Jahrome's post somewhere he was doing nursing or in the medical field or something to that effect a while back.
According to facebook, he's in the army?. Which is which? Does dude has anything to do with music production or what? His knowledge of hardware sounds impressive (insert sarcastic smile here) but I'd like to see a video or something of how he really push his gear to the limit.
I peeped the myspace, I was let down. All this NI gear requests clearly shows, dude is frustrated with what he's got. Now I can see why Software can be so intimidating to some.

http://www.facebook.com/fuller.jerome

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DJ-2Tru/370441591114 - accessible to everyone.

Activities and Interests
Other Yokota Air Base
Basic Information
About Jerome 20 years in the Air Force....retirement eligible!
Contact Information Facebook facebook.com/fuller.jerome
Music : DJ 2Tru aka jahrome

**smh**

From Ableton Forums:

Wait, are you Jahrome (aka. Askia Shaheed) the notorious MPC fanboy troll on the interwebz? Either that or you just copied and pasted his posts from the NI forums: http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... post783304

The needs to calm down. No wonder he's full of hype. He's affiliated with Akai ... even if he is only a tester.

He's a serious troll!
By JamesJeffery Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:15 pm
What is **** hilarious is what that dude said on the other forum.

He did it with the MV and now he's at it with Maschine. You'll notice that most of his post teeter between product bashing disguised as a wishlist or simply propping himself up as a figure of importance.

Go to the Ren. forum. Look at the wishlist thread. Who started it? Good old JAH.
By mr_debauch Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:42 pm
oh sh!t.. always suspected that hahaha...

I pointed out in another thread about how numark is notorious when it comes to cheap build quality.. not only in the akai line of gear where they rebrand and repackage discontinued alesis products... but even in the numark brand line of products they are known to be the bottom of the barrel when it comes to DJ gear.. I thought he was going to have a heart attack...

And I wasn't trying to insult or hate on akai/numark, I was just pointing out they make garbage quality gear which is true.. it aint my fault or my doing... it's just the way things are.

I like hip hop music and production, I like the legendary MPC series, I like scratching, and I like gear that does those things as well as I like to talk about them... but god forbid I blaspheme a little and let one slip when I'm not impressed with obvious corner cutting... bad design... and who knows... maybe even some built in redundancy.

Is it hate? Absolutely, I hate when companies do bullsh!t tactics to their consumers... just blaze hated it as well and at the time when his rant was true and relevant before the one single OS update for the 5k was released... he punched akai in the kidney forcing them to implement the feature that allowed you to save your projects... and guess what? now that everything he said was fixed... I still dont have sympathy for them because good business suggests the machine should not have been released before OS2.0 if that what is needed to make the thing function.. you would think the 2.5k it costed would have granted you a working machine. Do I own a 5k? no, I wasn't a fool... nor was I trying to be a beta tester... nor am I corporately loyal... I make sure things work before buying them unless I get an amazing deal that allows me to unload them later at a profit. The reason for me sticking to properly working gear is... I plan to use that gear, not play around making lists of bugs and things I wish it did that my other gear does.

Be it akai, microsoft, apple, best buy, futureshop, paypal, toshiba, dell, sony, canon, maxwell house, you name it... if they mess around and are doing something wrong IMO... too bad, I aint hiding my opinion... that is what these forums are for.

And before someone tries mentioning to me that 90% of my posts are about hating numark/akai... you better check my post history more closely.. I am one of the people here who spoon feed n00bs the answers they seek.. I may not be able to remember the exact page number in the manual like lampdog does... but I do what I can.