Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By SEED78 Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:41 am
update - tested Acard 3.85 firmware tonight with 3.11os MPC - it works perfectly!!
By goldphinga Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:46 pm
so can we have a summary of ALL items needed to get a cf reader into a 3000 with OS 3.11 please? that would be a big help.. :mrgreen:
By SEED78 Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:30 pm
go back one page on this thread and you got the most of the parts for starters...

eventually I'm going to make an all inclusive guide - but seriously my first draft is kinda long, and now I have to factor this hot swap drive I've got working into the mix. I'm also wanting to get more makes/models of flash cards working before I finish guide. plus, I got to work so I can eat etc etc and fit in making music blah blah

some other random info on here too
http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=68300

or get everything in one hit from someone who has them.
By gertie Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:07 am
Thanks a lot for this Seed78! Much appreciated....its a life saver for us 3.11 people now that Ronan aint round no more....dem pesky alien kidnappers
By SEED78 Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:54 am
without this forum I wouldn't have gotten far with my various upgrades - so much useful info on here!
By galegatron Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:55 pm
do you think that the UW version would be possible to use also with the correct firmware ? because i have one lying around here. unfortunatly i cant update the firmware as i am mac based.
By SEED78 Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:13 pm
not sure if firmware is the ONLY issue with UW, might be worth a shot though.

I was told the other day that updating the firmware even in regular Acards is not as simple as people have previously made out...
By Acid Mitch Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:09 am
SEED78 wrote:
I was told the other day that updating the firmware even in regular Acards is not as simple as people have previously made out...

In what way are they hard to update ?
By SEED78 Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:53 pm
our parts dealer said he had trouble updating the firmware, and that it wasn't as simple as people have claimed.

have you found it straight forward? I've not had need to do it myself yet...
By Acid Mitch Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:58 am
SEED78 wrote:have you found it straight forward? I've not had need to do it myself yet...

I haven't tried yet. Thats why I asked.
By SEED78 Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:55 pm
I didn't completely understand the problem, but def worth asking him - could result in hours of hair pulling if not :D
By THECRATES Mon May 14, 2012 10:40 pm
Bought a 3000LE of a guy in England, SEED78 knows him. :-)

You guys installed a Addonics IDE-CF Card Reader and ACARD AEC-7720U Version: 3.85, Rev. 3.1. It works well.

The Cards im using are:

I also have a MPC60II with SCSI and luckily found a used ACARD AEC-7720U Version 3.45 Rev. 1.5. I was hoping to install the same system in the MPC 60II

This ACARD Adapter doesnt work in the 3000LE installation, it shows that errormessage.

I assume that the Rev. or Ver. is too old to work with the Addonics Card reader.

Try to update the Firmware. but i have no SCSI pc to plug that thing in yet....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: 19.05.2012

Updated Firmware from 3.45 to 3.86 and it works flawless!

Thanks to Achim Roos from www.bestofmedia.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Chaka Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:08 am
yes good info.

i need to update from 3.45 to 3.85. i would then have to install a scuzzy card in my pc, right? Is it an Adaptec? model #? Im Mac based but my old winxp PC is truckin' on, hope i can do this

thanks
By asichop Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:34 pm
Good info here. I may have to upgrade the firmware myself so people who buy the cards can just plug and play.