Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By zima Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:03 pm
hey

Can somebody tell me how improve my breaks. for example i ve got a break i slice it on the samll parts (hi-hat,kick,snear) and now i don t know what shuold i do. i know that i should use some reverb, delay but when i put it to my mpc 2k they sounds baaaaaad.

please help , give me some vst plugins ( if its possible)

ps. sorry for my english;)
By Fung45 Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:18 pm
Sampling at 45RPM+10 (or faster) then pitching the sample down will color the sound more. I always pitch up my drums and usually my samples too unless it's a short oneshot that won't use much memory. Your beats will also load faster with these shorter snd files.
By Grime Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:27 am
don't only chop oneshots, take a boom boom bap, and put the boom boom bap on pad 1, a boom on pad 2, another boom pad 3, and the bap on pad 4, now you can play it however you want, you feel me? and you can switch em up with filters and fx to make it sound like the same kit, but different hits
By Menco Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:17 am
zima wrote:hey

i know that i should use some reverb,

u don't always have to...

If ur not satisfied how ur samples sound in the mpc u should focus more on how to sample ur sounds.
If u have sample that sounds like shit it won't sound that much better with FX
By dmarz45 Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:39 am
sample some better breaks, and then layer the kick with a decayed 808 and boost the snare at around 1khz for some snap...